Week at a Glance Church Events
Sunday, January 19th:
9:00 am Regular Worship Service - Christmas Cantata "Christmas Dream"
10:15 am Adult Bible Study - Preschool Room 7
Monday, January 20th: (Church Office closed for Martin Luther King, Jr Day)
6:30 pm Deacon Meeting
Thursday, January 23rd:
11:00am The Seeker's (Morning Women's Bible Study) - Meets off-site
7:00pm Choir Rehearsal
Saturday, January 25th:
8:00am Men's Breakfast
Sunday, January 26th:
9:00 am Worship Service
10:15 am Adult Bible - Preschool Room 7
5:00 pm Annual Congregational Meeting and Potluck
Please pray for:
Flower Calendar - The 2020 Flower Calendar is now in the Narthex. Please sign up to donate flowers for the Sanctuary.
Preschool Valentine Basket Fundraiser –Valentine Basket tickets will go on sale at MMPC Sunday, January 19th & 26th, February 2nd and 9th. The price of the tickets is $1.00 each or 6 tickets for $5.00. The themes for this year's basket are:
- In the Garden
- Spa/Pamper Yourself
- Gift Cards
- Summer Fun
- A Day at the Park
Monies received will be used to help pay for curriculum for the classrooms.
Memorial Service for Sheryl Gobble – There will be a Celebration of Life on Saturday, January 15, 2020 from 10:00 am - 1:00pm at San Diego Miramar College, 10440 Black Mountain Rd., K Building, Room 107, San Diego, CA 92126
IMPORTANT: If you wish to attend, please RSVP to Carol Klett at (858) 232-2253 or email@example.com
- receiving the 2019 Annual Report
- receiving the 2020 Budget
- electing Officers and Nominating Committee
- update on our partnership with KUPC
Copies of the 2019 Annual Report will be available January 19th in the Breezeway.
ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES
1. Adult Bible Study - The study on the Book of James is led by Stan Joosse and Edwin Kruse using the book, Shepherd Notes: James., by David Shepherd. We will be on page 13 of our book "From the Author" and continuing discussion on "should we give money to panhandlers?"
2. The Seekers, a daytime Women’s Bible study, meets on Thursday mornings at 11:00 at the house of Eileen Manthei. They are studying 2 Corinthians by John MacArthur. For more information, call Bea O’Connor at 858-566-8348.
3. Young Moms Morning Bible Study – Bible study meets Wednesday mornings December 11th and 18th from 8:30 am-9:15 am in the Conference. The Study on the “I AM’s” of Jesus in the Book of John will be led by Rev. Emily McColl. Children under the age of 4 are welcome. For questions, email Emily McColl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Evening Womens' Bible Study - Please join us every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 6:30-8:00 pm in the conference room. The next meeting will be January 27th.. This study is using the book 1 Peter: A Living Hope in Christ, by Jen Wilkin. Study guide is $6.00. Key themes of the study include humility, submission and identity in Christ. Please sign up in the Breezeway. For questions, see Susan Wheeler (858-349-1731) or Germaine Griffiths (858-566-1963).
JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY
Junior & Senior High Sunday School – Available for 6th thru 12th grades; meets in the Youth Room.
Teacher – Rev. Emily McColl
NURSERY/ELEMENTARY FAMILY MINISTRIES
Nursery/Sunday School - Nursery is available for infants to 4 years old. For directions, please ask an usher.
Elementary - Grades K-5th may join us in worship