April 23, 2017
Sermon Message by Rev. Ray Sparling
"The Disciples Were Overjoyed"
Bible Texts: NKJV
New Testament Scripture: John 20: 19-20
The Apostles Commissioned
19) Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20) When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
Old Testament Scripture: Psalm 16: 8-11
The Hope of the Faithful, and the Messiah’s Victory
8) I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9) Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10) For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11) You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.