July 9, 2017
Sermon Message by Rev. Dr. Parrish L. Bridges
"Why Should I Know My Gifts and Use Them?"
Bible Texts: AMP
Today's sermon theme: "SPIRITUAL GIFTS"
Scripture: Psalm 1
1) Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2) but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3) That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
4) Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5) Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6) For the Lordwatches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
The Use of Spiritual Gifts
4) Now there are [distinctive] varieties of spiritual gifts [special abilities given by the grace and extraordinary power of the Holy Spirit operating in believers], but it is the same Spirit [who grants them and empowers believers]. 5) And there are [distinctive] varieties of ministries and service, but it is the same Lord [who is served]. 6) And there are [distinctive] ways of working [to accomplish things], but it is the same God who produces all things in all believers [inspiring, energizing, and empowering them].