July 23, 2017
Sermon Message by Rev. Dr. Parrish L. Bridges
"Abilities in Motion"
Bible Texts: AMP
Today's sermon theme: "SPIRITUAL GIFTS"
Scripture: Deuteronomy 8: 18
God’s Gracious Dealings
18) But you shall remember [with profound respect] the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore (solemnly promised) to your fathers, as it is this day.
Scripture: Romans 12: 1-8
Walk by the Spirit
1) Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies [dedicating all of yourselves, set apart] as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God, which is your rational (logical, intelligent) act of worship. 2) And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].
3) For by the grace [of God] given to me I say to everyone of you not to think more highly of himself [and of his importance and ability] than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has apportioned to each a degree of faith [and a purpose designed for service.
4) For just as in one [physical] body we have many parts, and these parts do not all have the same function or special use,
5) so we, who are many, are [nevertheless just] one body in Christ, and individually [we are] parts one of another [mutually dependent on each other].
6) Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to use them accordingly: if [someone has the gift of] prophecy, [let him speak a new message from God to His people] in proportion to the faith possessed;
7) if service, in the act of serving; or he who teaches, in the act of teaching;
8) or he who encourages, in the act of encouragement; he who gives, with generosity; he who leads, #Or without ulterior motives.with diligence; he who shows mercy [in caring for others], with cheerfulness.