June 4, 2017
Sermon Message by Rev. Parrish L. Bridges
PUSHED OUT OF SAFE PLACES
Bible Texts: NLT
Acts 2: 1-6
The Holy Spirit Comes
1) On the day of Pentecost. 2) Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. 3) Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4) And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
5) At that time there were devout Jews from every nation living in Jerusalem. 6When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.
Psalm 104: 24-35
24) O Lord, what a variety of things you have made!
In wisdom you have made them all.
The earth is full of your creatures.
2) 5Here is the ocean, vast and wide,
teeming with life of every kind,
both large and small.
26) See the ships sailing along,
and Leviathan, which you made to play in the sea.
27) They all depend on you
to give them food as they need it.
28When you supply it, they gather it.
You open your hand to feed them,
and they are richly satisfied.
29) But if you turn away from them, they panic.
When you take away their breath,
they die and turn again to dust.
30) When you give them your breath, life is created,
and you renew the face of the earth.
31) May the glory of the Lord continue forever!
The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made!
32) The earth trembles at his glance;
the mountains smoke at his touch.
33) I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
I will praise my God to my last breath!
34) May all my thoughts be pleasing to him,
for I rejoice in the Lord.
35) Let all sinners vanish from the face of the earth;
let the wicked disappear forever.
Let all that I am praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!