May 21, 2017
Sermon Message by Rev. Dr. Parrish L. Bridges
"Our Model for Handling Stress"
Bible Texts: NLT
This month's sermon theme: "How to model our lives after Jesus"
Jesus’ Prayer of Thanksgiving
28) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29) Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30) For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
A psalm of praise of David.
8) The Lord is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
9) The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation.
10) All of your works will thank you, Lord, and your faithful followers will praise you.
11) They will speak of the glory of your kingdom; they will give examples of your power.
12) They will tell about your mighty deeds and about the majesty and glory of your reign.
13) For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations. The Lord always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does.
14) The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads.